The position Solutions Architect – Tableau/BI at General Networks is responsible for working closely with our clients to identify/classify/augment data sources & data, design and develop dashboards, provide training and ongoing support for users, and expand the effective use of Tableau across all functional areas of the organization.
Our ideal candidate will have leadership skills to help lead this growing practice at General Networks. This could include managing other consultants, leading large scale BI projects and assisting in BI related Sales Engineer work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partners with the business to create effective dashboards.
- Develops and provides documentation, training, and support for Interactors and Power Users.
- Works with database administrators to provide data from SQL Server, Oracle and other sources
- Participates in the creation and support of Business Intelligence/Analytics development standards and best practices.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to analyze data and determine/implement data enrichment or aggregation needs
- Expertise in development of reports in Tableau
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features and capabilities and how that is implemented for business solutions
- Ability to create clear visualizations of specific data as required by the Customer and provide feedback of the best approach to visualize the Customer’s request.
- Consulting experience including business analyst and customer guidance through a BI project
- SQL or MYSQL Database expertise including select statements, view creation, SQL Cubes and other data manipulation techniques
- Building, publishing customized interactive reports and dashboards, report scheduling using Tableau server.
- Experience with creating action filters, parameters and calculated sets for preparing dashboards and worksheets in Tableau preferred.
- Strong understanding of advanced Tableau features including calculated fields, parameters, table calculations, row-level security, R integration, joins, data blending, and dashboard actions preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Tableau Certification
- MarkLogic experience a plus
- Bootstrap, AngularJS, ViewJS or equivalent
Schedule a complimentary consultation with our team of specialists and information technologists.