1. Primary Job Requirements and Objectives
General Networks Corporation delivers technology consulting services to customers who need to manage and process critical business content. We support content management applications on OpenText, Microsoft, and Alfresco platforms, as well as webMethods and Layer 7 middleware. Our engagements require a combination of many disciplines and skill sets. If our clients need capabilities not available from off-the-shelf software, we will build them or help them build them.
As a member of a highly-motivated team of technical and business consultants, you will be responsible for applying the standards and methods used by General Networks to a variety of consulting engagements, including the following activities:
1.1. Systems Development
≬ Design and Administer webMethods Integration Server solutions including ESB & Trading Networks.
≬ Install, configure, and support systems and web applications on Microsoft platform servers including Microsoft Windows Server, Internet Information Server and SQL Server.
≬ Knowledge of testing webMethods flow services, mapping services, web services and Supply chain management transactions (Trading Networks).
≬ Design, develop, and test SQL stored procedures, triggers and scripts.
≬ Integrate applications according to design specifications.
1.2. Quality Assurance
≬ Produce test scripts and conduct thorough testing of systems being deployed, including unit testing, integrated system testing, regression testing and load testing.
≬ Manage end-user testing and acceptance testing, resolve software issues and questions, and obtain customer acceptance of the solution.
1.3. System Deployment
≬ Deploy solution into production environment, install server and desktop software, and support IT staff with system rollout.
≬ Provide end-user documentation and train users.
≬ Produce organized and informative system documentation.
≬ Perform knowledge transfer to fellow webMethods developers.
1.4. Technical Support & Maintenance
≬ Provide post-deployment technical support to system users and administrators.
≬ Respond to support requests within established service level agreements.
≬ Maintain and monitor our client applications and servers, apply upgrades and patches, and resolve issues.
2. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Successful candidates will possess some or all of the following experience and qualifications:
· Excellent communication skills;
· Gathering and analysis of business requirements, system design and architecture;
· Software development using waterfall and agile methodologies;
· A talent for technical problem solving as well as creative design of business solutions;
· Strong analytical skills, creativity and initiative;
· Ability to learn quickly in a dynamic multi-technology environment;
· Willingness to commute to various client locations in Southern California, and sometimes travel outside of Southern California;
· Ability to work under tight deadlines;
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
· Skills to build and develop the client relationship;
· Good written communications skills, including the ability to create organized and informative reports, as well as comprehensive, accurate documentation; and
· 1-3 years of experience with some of the following:
≬ Middleware technologies and web services.
≬ Database integration, and SQL scripts, triggers, and stored procedures.
≬ Desktop applications, including MS Office products, Outlook Email, and Internet Explorer.
3. Minimum Education
· High School Diploma or Equivalency. B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering desired.
Schedule a complimentary consultation with our team of specialists and information technologists.